7/15/2007

All you need is love

This past week I got to spend some time at this place with a various assortment of people from all over (including some Caracas teammates) and was greatly encouraged and blessed. Through many things, I was reminded and embedded with the importance of God's unfailing and unconditional love. And beyond that, the importance of receiving that love. I think I have so many blockages that keep me from receiving that love of God.

A word spoken to me: Become a lover of God.

I don't know how to do that, or where to begin. But I know I can start no where else. Only through His love for me can I be/do/go/have anything else. So, I've been reflecting on that. It is a primarily emotional exercise which is difficult, but so needed and so good.

How simple and critical it is to know the love of God. And in the long run, how can we be separated from it? "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39). And the cool thing, is that even though I feel blocked at times, God chases me down in His love. He even brought this verse up at church, completely separate from what I learned at the conference. That's a love that refuses to be separated, one that chases me down continually.

For the full truth and full grace of the matter is this: Love never fails. Therefore, it must succeed. How cool is that!

O heart, be filled with His love!

2 Comments:

At 7/16/07, 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be interested to hear more about your time at Tierra Nueva. Give me a call sometime if you like, or you can tell me when we go hiking...

 
At 7/17/07, 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im rootin for you Cam! I ordered Brennan Manning's Cds and it talked a lot about god's love etc. THey should be ready July 29th for pick up at church, so when we see eachother in Aug, you can copy it or something. Be Blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home