3/07/2008

Brief Update..

So, I've been very lax in getting out any sort of updates, but here's a shot. I do have a C-mail kind of written up, but it still needs reviewing. It's been sitting like that for a while now, and its getting out of date before it even ships. Oh well.

I've been a bit sick. Most recently, I've had an annoying cough turned bronchitis that won't seem to leave. Second, I've been losing weight despite lots of eating on my part. The doctor was pretty useless for this one and after a number of tests and much assurance that I am in wonderful health, he gave me some parasite medicine. Actually, he told me to buy some. I don't know any doctor that really "gives" medicine, socialized or not. I don't expect the medicine to do much, but hopefully it'll let me gain some weight in the next month before I get back to the states for a week (mid year retreat and visa run). There I'm hoping to get some good herbal stuff to knock the little buggers out.

We've been doing a lot of stuff with the kids recently too. We've been doing a kids club in two communities that has been good and the kids seem to like it too. We're hoping to do a drama during holy week with them for the community too. I've ended every sentence in this paragraph with the word too, too.

Also, teammate Ryan is leaving at the end of March which is extremely sad. Like, very sad. He is a very good friend and will be sorely missed. I'm not sure how I'll do since I'll be the only young guy here at that point. Pray for more men to join the mission field.

Second to last, Ryan and I have been discussing a lot about Anarchy, specifically the Christian variety. Before you go off and call Homeland Security, hear this out. If Jesus really was against all the powers and principalities, and we are to seek His Kingdom first, how can be part of or participate in the systems of the world? In Ephesians 6:12, Paul says that we wrestle against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. The NIV uses rulers and authorities to describe powers and principalities. We however do not wrestle against flesh and blood. I'm toying with the idea that this leads to a fight against the systems, but not against the people in them. We love our enemies, we love our friends, we love strangers and acquaintances alike. In six months time, I'll be an illegal immigrant here. I'm not obeying the goverment, but if they fine me, I should pay it as sign of love to them; as an example of how I submit to my true Goverment. As such, we do not participate in any such structure or system, but we still submit to their authority. An example would be Jesus not responding to the Sanhedrin as they questioned them (for all the accusations were false and He was under no obligation to reply) but yet still submitted to their judgment and punishment. I guess the point is that Jesus is King over all. And if He is King over all, we only submit to Him, or as some put it, we only pledge allegiance to Him as any sort of ruler or authority. And yet we still follow His lead in loving those in positions of worldly authority. I realize this is controversial and half of you will jump up with Romans 13, and it is a valid critique. I don't claim to say I have this altogether, but it is interesting discussion and very interesting ramifications as well. Suggested reading is Ivan Illich.

And finally, a friend of a friend found this. Seems pretty accurate.

Alright, that is it for now. Stay strong, seek the Lord and
Press on for Joy!
Cameron

1 Comments:

At 3/12/08, 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

STUFF WHITE PEOPLE LIKE!!! my friend referenced that in his blog a few weeks ago! it was amazing! except afterwards, all his friends debated what sterotypes a racism was for like 26 other comments, and it gave me a headache.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home